The Finance Department is responsible for the sound financial management of the District Assembly’s resources.
Functions of the Finance Department:
- Ensure access at all reasonable times to files, documents and other records of the District Assembly;
- Keep, render and publish statements on Public Accounts;
- Keep receipts and custody of all public and trust monies payable into the Consolidated Fund;
- Facilitate the disbursement of legitimate and authorized funds;
- Prepare financial reports at specific periods for the Assembly;
- Prepare payment vouchers and financial encumbrances;
- Undertake revenue mobilization activities of the Assembly, and
- make provision for financial services to all departments in the District.